Thursday, May 25, 2006

Resolute Mind I seek - மனதிலுறுதி வேண்டும்

Resolute mind I seek
Refined words I seek
Considerate thoughts I seek
Coveted things to be mine I seek
Dreams that turn real I seek
And turn real soon I seek
Wealth and happiness I seek
Fame in this world I seek
Clarity of vision I seek
Determination in work I seek
Women's liberation I seek
Protection of the creator I seek
Growth of this land I seek
Vision of heaven I seek
Triumph of truth I seek
Om Om Om Om

மனதி லுறுதி வேண்டும்,
வாக்கினி லேயினிமை வேண்டும்;
நினைவு நல்லது வேண்டும்,
நெருங்கின பொருள் கைப்பட வேண்டும்;
கனவு மெய்ப்பட வேண்டும்,
கைவசமாவது விரைவில் வேண்டும்;
தனமும் இன்பமும் வேண்டும்,
தரணியிலே பெருமை வேண்டும்.
கண் திறந்திட வேண்டும்,
காரியத்தி லுறுதி வேண்டும்;
பெண் விடுதலை வேண்டும்,
பெரிய கடவுள் காக்க வேண்டும்,
மண் பயனுற வேண்டும்,
வானகமிங்கு தென்பட வேண்டும்;
உண்மை நின்றிட வேண்டும்.
ஓம் ஓம் ஓம் ஓம்.

5 Comments:

Blogger priyums said...

Coveted things to be mine I seek is not a very correct translation.
I keep reading your blog..but usually I dont post any comments because I dont consider myself an expert..

Try changing that to something better..-My humble opinion.

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful translation. It brightened my day. I think that there are a few errors in the Tamizh typing however - they make the origional a bit hard to read.

8:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Protection of the creator I seek

This line has the following potential interpretation:

The poet is seeking to protect the creator (or) is seeking the "protection" of the creator.

I would change it to

The creator's protection I seek.

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Eranyanathan said...

I wld hv loved to offer my praise rather comments in our Tamil language but for my lack of user-friendliness with the system! One Indian-bengali poet was conferred nobel but not our own Bharathi! Why? No group was interested in showcasing(marketing?)the greatness of this poet,Bharathi. Atleast some is around to do something like this! you think,it may be possible to fight for due recognition for our poet,vis-a-vis nobel prize? Worth to start any movement to achieve it? Vanakkam.

8:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

copy, paste...

http://www.madeinthoughts.com/EnglishBharathi.html

u sud hv been honest enough to mention ab this website

6:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home